FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dust has settled - which hotel credit card is now king?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:00 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Bigserver1
I've got the hyatt card and will be getting a SPG card soon as well.

My two free nights at hyatt are Paris park hyatt Vendome. It's nearly $800 USD a night, so I'd say that sign up bonus is pretty stellar if you use it right. I also enjoy the platinum upgrade (upgrades where available, free wifi domestically), and the free anniversary night, which at a lot of properties is worth $150-200 or more.

SPG points are just so valuable that I can't overlook that card.

I personally don't get the hilton system. I've looked at rooms that are $169 a night that run 60-70k points per night. I look at that award chart and an amazed that people redeem anything with them. I stay at Hiltons sometimes, but I have gold status (through Amex plat), so I'd be happier to pay out of pocket, especially on discount travel sites and then take advantage of the Gold benefits. I don't have enough experience with the other hotel chains to be able to speak about their cards, but I plan on keeping the hyatt and SPG.
Axon 7 makes those 60k rooms 42,500 ( 4 nights 190k) but it's not just the amount of points it's the current ease at which they can be collected and all without an AF. Unless Citi changes the deal I'll get about 520K hilton points for spending $10K

Your Hyatt stay was great but it's a one time deal and that "free" anniversary night actually costs $75 as you have an AF

Everybody should do what works for them.