FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HEL-JFK to be operated by wet leased LO 787
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:59 pm
Gnopps

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thumbs down

I flew back with my wife and daughter yesterday. While it was nice to try out the B787 (and sit in premium economy) the LOT staff could have been better.

We were one hour delayed taking off and very little information was given. After take-off, the seatbelt sign remained on for 30 minutes, with the flight attendants sitting in their seats. There was no turbulence so I would have hoped for quick service to go to sleep. As I went to the lavatory I found that the sink didn't drain and was full with water (with the plug open), the same problem was present in the next lavatory I tried. There was a FA close by and I alerted her (in a most courteous and smiling way), to which her reluctant response was "I'll enable it when I'm finished with what I'm doing now" in a curt tone. My IFE screen was loose so you had to hold it still with one hand all the time, or it would tilt back.

On a side note, this was my first time flying AY and in comparison to my usual carriers KL/AF/LH/TK the economy in-flight product wasn't very impressive. Also I'm not sure if regulation EC 2111/2005 applies to this flight, but there was no information about LO operating the flight. In my case it didn't matter though as I was kept updated by FT :-)

Last edited by Gnopps; Jan 9, 2014 at 2:35 am