FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2014 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:55 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sd4meyee
I have an upcoming trip for 2 and booked using my AAdvantage miles but none of the flights are with American. This means that none of my seats have been assigned.

1st itinerary
Alaska Air to Seattle
British Air to London

2nd itinerary
British Air to London
British Air to home

1) When I check in via American Airlines website 24hrs prior to departure of each itinerary, will I be able to select seats for both Alaska and British Air? If yes, can I select seats for the whole itinerary or must I wait to reach Seattle and London to select seats for the second flight?
2) I've read Alaska Air can assign seats if you call them directly with your American Airlines confirmation/record locator?
3) Will American Airlines give me the booking reference code for British Air if I call them? Does anyone know how much it would cost to pre-select seats for BA? Would it be worth it since I just want to have 2 seats together anywhere on the plane?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
1) Call AA and get the AS and BA record locators.

2) Go to www.alaskaair.com and pull up your reservation then select your seats in advance. This is where you will complete online check-in and print your boarding passes for the AS flight.

3) Go to www.ba.com > Manage my Booking and pull up your reservation. You can pay for an advanced seat assignment, or a T-24 you will be able to select seats for free and complete on-line check-in and print your boarding passes.