FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:18 am
bevoinva

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by ndesq
Hi everyone,

Have my interview for GE on Monday and just realized that, despite a relatively squeaky-clean life, I may not be a shoo-in for approval. Once, 14 years ago when I was in college, I was arrested but the charges were immediately dropped and the record was expunged.

I realize I shouldn't split hairs over the "expunged" part and should be forthcoming in my GE interview, but does anyone know whether this puts me at real risk for being denied? I would hope, given that the charges were dropped at the arraignment and the underlying arrest was for a silly college fight (which I didn't start, nor did I particularly willingly involve myself in, but police arrested all involved), that this would not be an issue, but I am reading very mixed reports on here. Is there a standard applied, or is this discretionary and up to each officer? Am I at the mercy of whichever CBP officer interviews me?

Any advice well appreciated! Thanks.
I was in the same situation. Admit to everything in the interview - they will probably ask you if you have ever been arrested (which is different language than what is used on the application form). Also - have paperwork showing your dismissal. You shouldn't have a problem.

In my case, the background search didn't show any resolution so I had to get paperwork and fax it in to GE office after the interview. They approved me as soon as they saw that my offense had in fact been dismissed.