FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:09 pm
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by cheltzel
New to Citi cards so please excuse a possibly stupid question.

I was reading the FAQs in the wiki post. It looks likes I can only apply for one Citi AAdvantage personal credit card and get a bonus. It seems to say that you get one bonus, close the card and then wait 12-26 months before applying for another card.

So I could not apply for a Citi AAdvantage Platinum and then apply for a Citi Executive World Elite card and get another bonus? ... unless I close the first card and wait the required number of months for a churn.
Keep reading. There is no need to close a Citi card except to avoid the annual fee. The 12-26 month clock starts when you are approved for a card. Get a card today, try for another next year whether you have closed today's or not. But be aware that the rules can change so this thread is worth watching.

If you want to pay the annual fee for the Executive card, you should be able to get it 8+ days after getting the Platinum card. We have very few datapoints on the Executive card because of the high annual fee which is not waived.