FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:15 am
AgEngineer

Programs: IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kellio33
Take the escalator down to the street level, cross the street and there is a small pathway between the Royal Hawaiian and some other hotel. Super easy and takes about 2 minutes.

Wifi seemed to be fine, can't remember have any problems with it nor do I remember a resort fee, but it has been nearly 2 years since I've been there.

My daughter took several surfing lessons from the RH and I thought the location was very good. ABC store a short stroll away as well as tons of shopping and restaurants close by.
ABC stores are only a short stroll away from everywhere in Honolulu! I've never seen so many similar stores so densely populated.

TrojanHorse - as Kellio says, the hotel is on a road (a bit like a hawaian version of the Vegas strip) and not the beachfront. There is a row of hotels and shops running between it and the beach. If you look on the satellite image on google maps it accurately shows you the location of the hotel. You can either cut through the Royal Hawaiian across the street, or leave the hotel and turn left, walk for 5 minutes and the beach comes up alongside the road.

I had a room with a view, and it wasn't anything majorly impressive, so I wouldn't worry about that. The wifi was quite good, but i couldn't connect to it on my iphone when the ipad worked ok.