FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Account Hacked / Reports of Fraudulent Award Travel Redemption
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:50 am
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
From my own experience, the police don't care - they have better things to do. My garbage collector stole my identity via discarded mail. Over two year, he bought two cars, numerous credit cards, rented a house - he even got $20K of dental work under my name! He made the payments and then defaulted on everything, which I then found out. I filed a report in Chicago and I took everything to the Lansing Police Department where the guy lived. I had his real name, address and a thick file of everything and they didn't or couldn't do anything! The only thing one can do is be on top of everything and shred all documents. At least OP had no damage done to his credit.
Totally agree. The reason this stuff is so prevalent is that law enforcement doesn't do jack $h!t to stop it. It would be trivial to catch a few of these social miscreants, flog 'em and then lock them up. One or two public examples is all it would take to shut this down.