FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Opinion Requested: Bloggers
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2014, 11:29 pm
matthandy

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mkjr
I am not sure i will post another TR for failure to address this issue in a timely manner.

...any blog with ads is total garbage and should not be allowed. I get sick of,this.
I'm sorry that you feel that way but you should be aware that your opinion is not the only one out there, hence the thread asking for feedback.

The issue with blogs with ads is that it is only possible to identify this by clicking on the link. Who is going to do that to make that determination? Moomba and I certainly don't have the time to do that.

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Personally, I don't mind re-directing to a blog if there is no money incentive. That is the spirit of FT. When people use FT to drive traffic to their blog so that they can make an extra buck, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But when people use FT just to make revenue on their blog site, it is just like the travel agents who use FT to try to make cash by re-directing people to their own travel agency.
This is the crux of it for me. Some people sign up, flog their blog and then are never seen again.

However, what practical method/steps can be employed to identify such posters?