FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:07 pm
dioxide45

Originally Posted by bsdstone
We are headed to Hawaii for a two week vacation...the last 5 nights are going to be spent on Oahu and this is one of the places we are seriously considering.
We're going during prime time, looking to check in on Dec. 27th and check out on Jan. 1st. We have 4 adults and 2 kids (10 and 8 at the time...seems a popular age here ), so we would need a 2 bedroom. right now they are not taking reservations that far out...but what I would like to do is reserve the room using a CC and then once I earn the points (probably around August), I will switch to points...I'm Gold with Marriott if that makes a difference. I know I can do this with SPG, but not familiar enough with redemption at Marriott...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't count on it. Peak season where Marriott is relying on owners to trade their weeks in for Marriott Reward Points in order to be able to offer them up for rewards. Though think also that Marriott (or MVCI) can turn around and rent that time out for premium prices.

Points prices won't be cheap either since a standard reward will only be for a studio unit. Needing a 2BR will cost I think three 5000 point upgrade per night. So an extra 15,000 points per night to get the larger room.