FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:07 pm
y2chen

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
In case anybody is interested, I was able to actually combine both J and getting to MLE earlier in Y.

I kept the EY in J from JFK to AUH, but swapped out the AUH-MLE in J for a AUH to DOH in J (EY391), and then Y from DOH-MLE on QR (QR672).

I did not think American would allow me to combine the two, but they did, for an extra cost of $0.50 (yes, 50 cents) in taxes & fees. ^

So kirkpt, in case you don't want to overnight in AUH at Yas Island anymore, I just wanted to let you know of this other option.
Thanks for sharing your end result.

Did AA make any fuss about changing from an award using their partners vs oneworld members? Did you have the option for a QR flight on AUH-MLE vs the EY flight you booked? I remember asking about the change fees when I made my booking, and was told a switch of partner airlines to oneworld airlines would incur a fee.

I'm booked on ORD-AUH-MLE, with a similar 14 hr layover in AUH, but if I could switch it to arrive in MLE in the morning vs late afternoon via DOH, that might be worthwhile (assuming the SO agrees to Y for DOH-MLE).