FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:26 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
After reading this thread in its entirety and looking at the hotel IHG website (reading and photos), I still don't know the answer to this question

I take it this property is not a beachfront property. Question though, is how far is it from the beach. Website says 300 steps which means little to me, how far is 300 steps in yards?

What is between the hotel and the beach?

I don't have to be on beach front but being very close as in a sub five minute walk would be ideal.

I've booked this for spring break with my kids for $170 per night+ without a view

I don't see any resort tax, so I take it there isn't one?

I have zero status so I don't expect any upgrades or anything above and beyond exactly what I pay for.

that said and done; how is the wifi in this building? any particular rooms to ask for (my rez is: 2 DBL BEDS WITH BALCONY NONSMOKING)

I've also booked the Hyatt Regency on points but Ideally i'd like to save those points for something else. I do have the Hyatt Place booked at $177 as well. The reviews I've read are that those rooms are tiny, its a little out of the way and I'm just not too thrilled with what I read.

anyway, right now I'm 50/50 as to whether I stay here or not.