FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Routes (Flights) and Hubs (Speculation, News and Discussion)
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:45 pm
dtremit

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Except for AA 762s replacing US 762s, that means operating AA crews and planes out of US hubs, not AA ones. Probably not ideal right off the bat in summer '14- you now have to stock replacement parts in a US hub, there is a potential problem with staffing when you need replacement crew, and so on.

I still think the AA762s will end up as beer cans pretty quickly, as opposed to flown to Europe/South America as US 762 replacements with AA crews.
I don't think either carrier's 762s are long for this world -- either way they're gone within the next 18 months, I'd figure. But it might be worthwhile for them to retire the decrepit US ones on the AA schedule and the AA ones on the US schedule.

I'm guessing the proximity of PHL and JFK -- and the fact that they've got plenty of spare planes -- would solve a lot of the issues you mention above, in the short term. You might see them disappear faster from CLT if that happened.