FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The BA Compensation Thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:26 pm
skba1

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
It is really disheartening to read this thread - I have generally good experience with BA's customer service, but IRROPS just seem horribly handled. Why does obvious claims seem to be routinely ignored and automatically claimed extraordinary circumatnces?

What are your thoughts on getting any compensation from actions resulting from the flight control systems being down in the UK on Dec 7th? Does this constitute extraordinary circumstances? After all the world worked before computers existed as well?

I have a case I'll take up with BA and initially I will not try to claim this compensation as my main issue is getting refunds for hotel and refund of connecting flight on separate booking (as I next day booking because they failed to get me there). On the phone on the day they said that refund on partial would be allowed if I rebooked myself with another airline (they had no flights to rebook me to until 4 days later and refused to rebook me on other oneworld flights despite me asking for it).