FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United - Positive Experiences in the air and on the ground 2014
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyingNone

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by kettle1
I think it was a play on words. It "was" the GA's seat to release and she chose the OP's GF as she was #1 on the UG list. I don't think UA is doing much training in KOA for GA's, unless this a new way for the "new UA" to save money somehow. Perhaps they can conduct training on the beach and save on renting a training room at LAX.

They could also provide training at Venice Beach, CA, but the "GA students" might get distracted by all the freaks running around. To the OP: Was this GA flying in Y to KOA on your flt? If not, it was a joke.

If she was on the flight tell her Mahalo. Surfs up, dude!
================================
This is most likely what was the case (a play on words as you say). Often times we use expressions such has "holding a seat in my pocket" meaning holding it aside till the very last minute. No shenanagins such as giving it to the wrong person but just a case of holding it for that last-second runner (are they going to make it ?, and if not, cutting the seat loose at the cut-off time to the next person who is supposed to get it).