FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:39 am
1KPath

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
1) What did you like most about fkaUA or fkaCO?
As a UA 1K and GS for as long as there have been 1Ks and GS...and PE before that...the personal service and the "can do" attitude of the UA staff. As I was told a number of times, if it is not against the law, we will do it for you...and they did!! They made travel easy!

2) What changes have had the greatest negative impact on you?
Diminishing reliability (on all levels)The loss of the ability for staff to make things "right" when they go wrong...which has happened to me more since the merger than in the previous 40+ years of flying UA and a lot of other carriers...combined!

3) What remains about the current UA that makes it hard for you to leave?
My UA "angels"...UA employees who I have known for years...many who have become personal friends!

4) What airlines are you considering switching to? Or kayaking?
After 35 years of loyalty to UA, we are Kayaking...and have enjoyed excellent service on AA, NZ, BA, AF, SQ and others without the "drama" we were experiencing on the new UA.

5) What benefits / improvements do you expect on your new airline?
Good and personal customer service...a "can do" attitude...and we are receiving it!

6) What aspects of the new airline make it hard for you to switch to them?
New airline procedures and processes...UA was like a pair of comfortable old slippers...not the newest or fanciest but reliable and very comfortable. It felt like...well...home!

As if we need another piece of anecdotal evidence of HVFs leaving UA...I flew from LAX to LHR in F last month (first time in over a year...I usually fly NZ in C on this route) and I had one of my "angels" (who I have flow with 100s of times) as purser and FA in F...only two seats occupied in F and I was told that I was the only GS on the aircraft (C and Y were full) and that GSs and 1Ks had all but evaporated this route in 2013... very noticeable...and that "Hollywood" had essentially abandoned UA on this route. I have been flying this route monthly since PA had it...it was always full of HVFs and Hollywood types...I guess no longer...Sad, Sad, Sad!