FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:54 pm
sink

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Also it is a 2 minute walk to Ploenchit from the Ren. How short do you need it. The Executive Lounge at the Ren is fabulous with lots of choices to eat at night and an excellent breakfast including an omlette station.
As a reference point, we typically stay at the Sheraton Grande and Westin Grande. Love the new Terminal 21. It is so easy and convenient. Sheraton Grande have a direct BTS access, while the stairs to the BTS is just in front of Westin. So, it is great for lazy people like us. I would love it if Ren is located right off of Suk. I just found Central World and love the numerous selection of restaurants there. I am not in the business of trashing Marriott, I just wanted to share a SPG Plat perspective. And since Marriott gold is equilivent to SPG Platinum in terms of number of nights to qualify (and only 25 stays to qualifty for SPG), I am just comparing the "treatment" I personnally received from Marriott's and SPGs in Bangkok.

I was really scared walking back late at night to JW when the street, and a BKK friend told me about three men robbing tourists (not sure if it is rumor or what). I did not read about it in the news though. But, I was surely scared.

Crossing any street in BKK is dangerous in my opionion. So, I prefer to cross with pedestrian bridge if possible. So, to me JW (Soi 4; although small, traffic is very busy) and Marriott 57 walking to the BTS is a bit tough (Soi 55 is Thong Lo).

Although it is great to gain lounge access as a lowly Marriott gold (Marriott's lounges have SPG beat), but the SPG Plat benefit for suite upgrades and breakfast in the restaurant is better in "my opinion".

I thought it was odd to not have blinds, but I did not find the switch for it.

So bottom line, I apologize to anyone who thought I was trashing Ren/JW/Bangkok Marriott.