FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Kiev on Agoda - approx. 20 Euro
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:23 pm
TallestHotelInJapan
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by servus
Sorry, that's no b.s.! I've spent quite a couple of nights at Hiltons all over the world, so I now the HHonors programm and the ways to twist it in one or the other direction. In the earlier years I also booked through Expedia etc. NO perks where given, no stay, no points. Also happened last year to a friend of ine when we stayed at a Hilton in London. As he booked at the last minute, rates at Hilton.com were pretty high, so he used booking.com and as a Gold he got no upgrade, no bkfst, no nothing. Even the trick asking to add the HHonors number to the reservation so he might get points for the incidentals did not work. However, also had a stay in WAW booked on a thrid party site where I received all benis, but WAW was one of the best Hiltons in Europe.

No surprise to me. Gold members are after diamond members in the chain of sharks. And as mentioned: Points, stay credits and night credits should not be given for 3rd party bookings. Diamond benefits, on the other hand, are given for 3rd party bookings (as long as it was not booked on an opaque site).