FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Amex Blue (2013-2014)
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:40 am
mizzou1

Originally Posted by agent0068
i've called 2x and was not able to PC my BCE.
1st call: rep knew nothing and couldn't find it. never knew of the old 5% version

2nd call: immediately told the 5% card was killed last year and nobody can apply for it now. i asked for a super

the "super" was immediately familiar with the 5% BC card and told me all the benefits and asked if i wanted it. turns out she was no super--she was in the "new applications" dept! she said no PC available (because that's what the previous agent told her) and if i wanted anything other than a new application, i need to go back to the general customer service pool. fwiuw, they said if a customer calls and ASKS for the 5% card as a new application though, they still issue it.

will try a 3rd time later before i give up. :/
I had a similar experience. Rep could find the card, but could not proceed with PC. He said the option to apply is available, but not PC. He checked whether the PC is available for my other Amex cards, which was not available for any.

Perhaps I will give a second call. Though, given the effort the rep made, I am not really positive another rep or super helps any better.