FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win returns - Spring 2014
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:21 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you watch carefully, as soon as you tick the "breakfast" box, the wording on the left changes from "best flex" to "best flex w/ breakfast". So you are getting the "best flex w/ breakfast" rate, it's just a roundabout way of selecting it.

(The only way I know to do a search which will give you "best flex w/ breakfast" rates directly -- though it will also give you a bunch of unrelated rates at hotels that don't have "best flex w/ breakfast" is to use the link in the T&Cs for that task.)

Now, one of the advantages of the extra step of ticking the box is that you see very clearly how much extra they are charging for the breakfast. I've seen it vary from as little as $5 to as much as $20, I think, at different hotels and/or on different dates in SoCal!
Originally Posted by beachmouse
In the US hotels I've checked, a lot of them have 'best flex with breakfast' if you click on the 'hotel packages' tab rather than going right to searching for a room.
Exactly why I am so confused - these two replies highlight it well But thanks for these - @sdsearch, looks like ticking the box covers that part, so I'm just going to book two HI's with that box ticket, and that should take care of those two challenges for me, since I tend to book Club in ICs anyway (which sadly, don't count for breakfast included ).