FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:00 am
LAX888

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by SQ319
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I'm looking to redeem SIN-ICN-SIN in end-January to join my hubby who is on a business trip.

Currently both legs are waitlisted. I can select an earlier flight and waitlist on SQ15 for ICN-SIN, but all the SIN-ICN sectors are showing waitlist only.

What's the likelihood of both waitlists clearing? My hubby will return with me on the same date. He is ticketed on SQ15, but he is flying out a week earlier and I am only joining him for the weekend. Will letting KF membership services know this information help with my chances of clearing both waitlist? I am redeeming miles from my own KF account.
I can confirm that it helps to have your travel companion on a confirmed seat for that flight as the KF team will link your bookings together and then send a request to the relevant department who will review this and in my instance the seat cleared for my friend as I was already confirmed (HKG-SIN in Business). It took around 10 days or so to confirm the waiting list and this was around 1.5 months before traveling. As we wanted to be on the A380 to get the flat seats we decided to waitlist for my friend as we only found out after I booked that there was only 1 seat in Biz Savers which I already took. However as the flight was quite empty I guess this has helped.