FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Island Hopper December 2013 in J
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:50 pm
Carfield

Leaving TKK at R/W4

UA 154 TKK-GUM Lv1620 Arr1755 (Actual: Lv1728 from R/W4 & Arrival: 1851 at R/W6R
Another hot snack is served on this flight – just like all meals, hot towels are served prior to meal, and linen is provided for the meal table. However, United just does not want to spend $1-2 to cater another sandwich or salad or starter for this meal. The same croissant sandwich is offered again. This leg is about an hour and twenty-three minutes long, so I can’t expect a full dinner. But is it too much to offer a Cheeseburger with a green salad and a piece of cake for this meal? Even some different fruits can be used for the fruit salad. Maybe offered a packaged brownie instead of truffle for this meal! Instead of croissants, maybe we can have a ham and cheese baguette.

Sunset over the Pacific Ocean

We finally landed on R/W6R at 6:51pm and parked at gate 9 at 6:55pm. The plane will continue to fly to Manila next.

In conclusion, I am glad that I have the opportunity to do the Island Hopper. The Guam-based F/As were all friendly and it was an amazing professional act to remain so friendly and poised on all six legs. Beverages were frequently refilled at each flight and even economy passengers got a full beverage service at some of the shorter legs. Of course the food situation can be better, but knowing the current situation at United, we will be lucky to see all these meals services remained next year. I hope you enjoy this photo journal! Hope everyone a happy new year and more safe and fun travels in 2014!

Carfield