FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] 2,000 UR Points for $12 via The WSJ
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:48 pm
jeremywight

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
Originally Posted by etnograf
Just signed up this afternoon, but it has been 5+ hours and no charge to my credit card even though the online account was activated immediately. Has anyone else experienced this delay? When I go into my WSJ account information it says there is no associated payment method.
After seeing your post, I just checked as well and noticed my charge hadn't hit, then I checked my email and noticed that I did receive a confirmation however in that email there is a link to click to verify your account and subscription. I hadn't done that previously, so perhaps that is why. Did you complete that portion?

Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
After the United devaluation (mainly convert UR to UA miles), 2,000 UR is like $25 to me...
Yeah, I understand that. Depends on where you are traveling to but it is a bummer. I mainly use mine for flights to SE Asia and even the Y redemptions went up by 15K points

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
And what if you are abroad when the time for cancel is there?
Sorry, if you can't find time or remember to make a phone call at some point in a 3 week window, I can't help

Originally Posted by trigleek
I don't think you can buy UR points anymore. I recall reading someplace you can buy up to 5000 UR points per month but I just called and the call agent told me as of Nov 27th they have stopped letting customers purchase UR points. Bummer.
Wow... I just looked into this to confirm and got this page...

That is a real bummer. I have used this feature when I needed a couple thousand points to meet a reward, that is a big deal not being able to buy them anymore

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.
You're welcome! Glad to help some others get in on it also!