FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win returns - Spring 2014
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:34 pm
beltline

Originally Posted by sdsearch
As I already mentioned before (a few pages back), I was told by a supervisor (ie, not just a front-line customer service agent), that the "best flexible rate" wouldn't count, it has to be "best flexible rate w/ breakfast". And they realize that it's a bad deal*, but then they tell me that look, it's only one night you have to use this rate, and then you'll have it completed.

*I even pointed out to them that the hotel I had been planning to stay at already gives breakfast to IHG Plats, but they wouldn't have mercy. I simply have to overpay once, no way around it.

Fortunately, I found a lower-than-normal best-flex-with-breakfast rate for a Thu Jan 2 one-night stay (which I needed in that area anyway), so that's the one I'm getting out of the way first, since I doubt such a good rate will repeat outside of the (low business travel time) holiday period. So while it's still overpaying compared to what I could have paid for another rate at another Holiday Inn that day, it's not overpaying compared to "best flexible" rates later during the promo period at the other HI that gives me free breakfast as IGH Plat).
Thanks, that's what I figured. Sorry if this has been asked but I read thru several pages looking for it and checked the facebook page but IHG hasn't responded yet. For the following can it be the same hotel booked for two separate nights or does it have to be 2 different HI?

Stay at 2 Holiday InnŽ hotels and receive 8,000 POINTS

Also I saw posted on the IHG facebook page that nights must be booked Jan 1, 2014 or after for certain offers.

Jd Star For the mobile booking challenge, the terms and conditions say that nights must be BOOKED between Jan. 1 and April 30. Do I have to wait until Jan. 1 to make mobile bookings for a Jan. 1 stay?
Like ˇ Reply ˇ December 16 at 4:28pm

IHG Rewards Club Hi Jd, Yes you'll have to wait until January 1st to make the mobile booking for this promotion. While registration for this promotion is now available, the promotion earning period doesn't actually start until January 1st. Thanks, Carolyn
Like ˇ December 17 at 1:17pm
It would be nice to get some of the frequent questions put in a Wiki as this hasn't even started and 25 pages already.