FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ctrip is getting pricier
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2013, 4:48 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Modo
If the airline decides to cancel a flight - then they will not find you a reasonable alternative at the same price.

I was offered a flight 5 hours earlier (not realistic given a meeting schedule)or one day later - when Juneayo decided to cancel 5 days in advance - clearly because of very light bookings.
While I don't know exactly what flight you booked, I only tend to end up on Juneyao between SHA and PEK because they tend to be dirt cheap (but, still provide a comfortable experience... when they fly). The reason they are dirt cheap on this route is presumably because their single flight has rather undesirable time slots (outbound gets in really late and return leaves at 630a). CA and MU often come close to matching them on similar flights, but not always.

In any event, in your case, rebooking seems to have been done at the airline's discretion (i.e. they buy you a new ticket). While I would expect Ctrip or any TA for that matter to exert a reasonable amount of pressure on them to make things right, relevant laws provide the airlines with a considerable amount of latitude and I would NOT expect my TA to shoulder a hefty fare difference on their own.