FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I Buy Up to US Chairman's or Platinum?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:52 pm
perseus11

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Very few people buy up on US because it's not worth it....AA fliers are rightfully upset because it's basically the most premium domestic carrier merging with the least premium. US domestic first is a first class seat with as much service and free food as JetBlue, and its excuse for a long-haul J is a solid seat with service and meals akin to premium economy. Like Mercedes merging with Kia, although that's not a good example, because Kia is known for a reliable product.....
It would be nice if you had a reference for those claims. The "Envoy" solid seat/meals akin to old AA premium economy claim confirms that you likely have never flown on a US 332 or 333 internationally. IMO, it serves no purpose to continuously trash US Airways here and elsewhere. The merger is done and the new AA will be managed by a team that knows how to make a profit, rather than one trying to replicate a product that died in the 1990s. What we need on this board is positive thinking about how the new AA (whatever it becomes) will enhance our benefits as FFs - with, or without 120" Lie Flats, in-flight showers and 6 course meals. If I wanted a flying palace, I'd save my AA miles and fly on QR. I want AA to get me from A to B in a comfort level which does not compromise a reasonable F/J price (the lower the better) and which produces industry standard FF miles - or better.