FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:22 pm
DirtyDan

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Wasn't put on upgrade list for return segment of flight... Discovered this at 24 hr checkin notice when i also noticed upgrades had already cleared for others (no seats left). When I attempted to go on upgrade standby the website stated PNR would be split according to our separate statuses.

Am I over-entitled because thinking my loyalty / $80 more per seat would garner me the chance of the UDU. Am i over-entitled thinking that UA would follow their own published rules that 1K's travel-partners fly under same status?

Contacted CSR to politely inquire why I wasn't put on upgrade list just to be rudely (not crisply or precisely but actually snapped at) that "we reserve the right to sell those seats and not give them to you for free." -yes, mam i certainly agree you're running a business and maintain that prerogative, however we haven't addressed the issues of not being placed on the list in the first place and then attempting to split Mrs. Dirty off the original PNR....

Disappointed again but in a consumer's market the only real way to complain is with your dollars; 1K direct to the cattle call in single year... Happy Mrs. Kept her oneworld status.

Last edited by DirtyDan; Dec 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm Reason: Fully clarify the fickleness of my previous rant... Maybe.