FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:12 pm
1nfrequent

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Name of the hotel: Mercure Bordeaux Cite Mondiale Centre de Congress

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Broadly, I was.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room with 1 double bed. Had arrived rather late and the room key was presented to me as soon as I gave my name. I was so nonplussed that I totally forgot to ask about upgrade availability. When I got to my room I found that it had been refurbished and was a good size so I wasn't bothered about an upgrade.

How are the rooms? Decent size with a room safe, basic mini bar (available for a charge) and double bed. The view was over the nearby rooftops but that didn't bother me. The room came with a very big walk in shower rather than a bath - normally a sore spot with me but this time I welcomed it.

What was good and what was bad?

Good: Staff were primed to expect me, which took me by surprise and cleaning staff were excellent and proactive at replenishing toiletries. The location was good for me - about 10 - 15 minutes walk from the Grand Theatre and the main shopping streets, which was good for me because I was eating a lot and needed to burn it off but if you want to be at the thick of it, this might not be for you.

Bad: No proactive recognition of gold status - ultimately this wasn't a big deal for me but if you're looking to maximise status than it can be irritating to be forced to ask each time. There was also a bit of hassle in paying the mini bar bill on my last morning, for reasons I couldn't fathom but which were soon resolved to my satisfaction.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I paid EUR80 per night as part of a L'Accor sale and I thought that was good value but the rate did not include breakfast and I didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on the quality. If I was doing business in the area then I probably would choose to stay there again now that I know the city better.

1F