FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I Buy Up to US Chairman's or Platinum?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:26 pm
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by fordan
If only there was a different forum to discuss the actual merger in and compare product and speculate on changes... Oh, wait..

I made Gold with actual BIS miles this year; probably going to buy back up to Chairman for 2014. The upgrade ratio (even with lower BIS) and the Envoy certs make it worth it to me. And Emerald status in OneWorld will be nice on the trip I'm probably doing to Australia probably on Qantas. I'm assuming no benefits in 2014 on AA beyond club access with US Club card and those that Emerald status would bring.
That's what, $1500 to jump two tiers? I'd do it if I were Gold, given that most of my miles are on TCON routes that I'd never upgrade on otherwise. I'm an SP, though, and I don't think it'd be worth buying up to PP for me - given I'm 10k miles short and it's ~500 to get to Gold.

I'm just hoping that in 2014, US Gold somehow gets AA MCE seats for free. Are AA MCE part of the "preferred seats" benefit that OW Sapphire currently receive? EDIT: Duh, googled, MCE are a OW sapphire benefit.