FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finland, Finnair, and credit cards - pre 2020 discussion
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:33 am
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
My renewal is in Dec and they don't seem to even charge the fee for the main card (earlier I had to call to have it credited back - true, I've put a s--tload of charges on it) The partner card fee of 70€ is charged, never been able to have it waived.

So I'd say a phone call is worth it.
I did call but got the bs that they do not waive it for anyone... I countered that I KNOW for a fact thats not true but no dice...

I guess I have to cash in my MR points but to where

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
~35k€/year was not enough for me in late 2012 after AX waiving it for me for ~10 years..but I have heard they have still waived the early fee for Gold cards for people with 50k-100k annual spend. For me they gave the corporate BS message that they "do not waive the fees anymore to anyone.." which was a clear lie...they tried all sorts of tricks like offering hotel vouchers etc. but wouldn't waive the yearly fee = I cancelled on the spot.

I had a break with AX and re-applied recently for 1st year at 0 eur. I will later see if I keep it or not..most likely not..I simply do not like their customer service attitude at all...

They have a rather strong opinion about their card but im just not sure its worth it... I am just not sure what card would be good then...

SAS Mastercard is pretty useless to me as I stopped using SK last year for attitude reasons...