FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NOLA 1st timer - BudgetTips and Time savers
Old Dec 30, 2013, 5:27 am
sydneysandiego

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Romelle
You mentioned Groupon. I've gotten good deals through them, but one lesson in Washington, DC. For a visit there, we bought ahead of time through Groupon one of those All You Can Ride tour bus deals.

When we got there, we learned there are actually several other bus companies doing the same thing, and one of them had a different route that could have worked better for us. Those other lines at least seemed to run more frequently too.

But the deal we bought tossed in a harbor tour we liked. Mixed feelings here, so all I really want to say is to check your options before plunging in on the Groupon deals.

Romelle
thank you! Yes, for groupon type deals I am always cautiously optimistic.
whether it be a massage - and they charge a mandatory redemption "fee" of twenty dollars
plus mandatory 20% gratuity ending in almost a hundred dollars of unanticipated spending.

also,I HAVE bought one for use in nola - 30 dollars' worth of po boys
so that's 4 days of lunch for me.

plus all the limits of what to order, hours, and minimum spend! and the worst of them- dine in only! when all you want to do is pick up tasty food and lounge in your hotel in pjs… or dont want to dine with all the kiddos with powerful lungs.

thank you again, I am looking at tours next so this is spot on timely advice.