FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG > JFK Business (I) to F on 3 Seats
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:55 pm
Guy Betsy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Hi,

I have three paid seats on J from HKG to JFK and could not go online to "manage booking" to upgrade to F. I understand that this will require 60,000 Asia Miles, which I can get through my SPG miles. But I don't exactly want to transfer the miles before I can get clarity on the upgrades.

Any tips, insight? Is three F seats are not booked, can I just hand over the 180,000 points? Or is it still a little difficult?
You need to first find out thru the website if there are 3 award spaces for F. Upgrades and award seats use the same inventory code.

When you call to book, those miles must be there because AM cannot hold the seats while you transfer the miles. Once confirmed, the miles will be deducted immediately.

Having said that, it is very difficult to confirm 3 seats at once. It may take one seat at a time, and then you may have to waitlist at least one if not two of them. If you do not have MPC status, your chances are lower because if a status member waitlists those same flights, they will get it before you.