FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prior to 2022: Visa / VOA Info for Vietnam
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:06 am
astroflyer

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by craz
1- Ive read thru a few threads on VOA, and cant recall a single post saying that my PP info will be shared along with others.I always thought that each person would be handled on their own and only my name would appear on the letter , better put that in no way , shape or manner would my personal info be sent to total strangers around the world

2- I understand that my info gets into many hands but if its nothing to worry about I say then why dont you make a post of all your personal info, why not post your PP#,DOB,Legal name , Nationality.While at it why not all your CC info as well since so many people handle it everyday I highly doubt youd ever make such a post, if you say well more then 7 others will see it,OK PM it all to me and 6 other FTers that you never met.If its no big deal. easy to say something when youre not affecetd isnt it
This is absolutely standard practice for this. Almost every google search on the web or search of FT will describe this.

That being said, if you've never traveled in Asia before, get ready to write this information down on a lot of forms for a lot of people. Especially in China, but almost everywhere in Asia, every hotel is going to have your passport #, DOB, legal name, and nationality. So, just be prepared with this information being rather publicly distributed with no real security practices. Sorry!