FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prior to 2022: Visa / VOA Info for Vietnam
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:44 am
5khours

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by craz
1- Ive read thru a few threads on VOA, and cant recall a single post saying that my PP info will be shared along with others.I always thought that each person would be handled on their own and only my name would appear on the letter , better put that in no way , shape or manner would my personal info be sent to total strangers around the world
Look again, there are quite a few posts on this including ones from dsquared

2- I understand that my info gets into many hands but if its nothing to worry about I say then why dont you make a post of all your personal info, why not post your PP#,DOB,Legal name , Nationality.While at it why not all your CC info as well since so many people handle it everyday I highly doubt youd ever make such a post, if you say well more then 7 others will see it,OK PM it all to me and 6 other FTers that you never met.If its no big deal. easy to say something when youre not affecetd isnt it
I'm incredibly paranoid about my personal info and am very conscientious about protecting it. That said, there is no perfect security and there is a trade off between convenience and privacy. Security is about probability and minimizing risk. Having your info shared with 6 random people is a pretty low risk. (That said, I agree it's a terrible procedure, but IMHO given the low risk it's worth the time saving of avoiding a trip to the Embassy. )

Dont know why you said my fellow pax, not 1 of them will be arriving when I do.The following dates are the 1st date for the visas; 28/12/2013, 29/12/2013, 16/01/2014, 20/01/2014, 15/07/2014, 14/01/2014
All the services work this way.