FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Row 4 is now premium seating?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:57 am
YouGoGlenCoco

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Took an interisland flight on HA, Dec 24, OGG-HNL. Plane was a bit odd, had no row 5. Row 4 was "bulkhead" economy as usual, with a ton of legroom, and remained empty, even though there were plenty of people that boarded early in Pualani Gold lane, etc.

I asked the FA if I could move up from row 6 to the empty row 4 and she said they are now selling access to those seats and charging a premium for them. The GA also said anybody that bought a premium seat could pre-board as a special announcement distinct from the normal early/preferred boarding announcement.

Is that a change? I thought Pualani Gold etc could reserve those seats? Can you no longer reserve them? How much are they charging for row 4 on an interisland flight at checkin? I didn't notice it when I checked in, but didn't look either.

There were a bunch of deadheading crew, many sat up front, but none of them took row 4 either.

Anybody know what the deal is with the missing row 5 on this plane? To me, the pitch in row 6 seemed even less than normal. They didn't remove a row and mess around with the seat pitch on the 717s, did they?

-David
As of early November Row 4 and Exit Rows are considered Preferred Seats, and comes with a $10 fee. If it's available, it will be offered to PLT members for free at check-in. Other elites cannot reserve them ahead of time. At this point the only way other elites can get them is if there's a full flight and non-qualified individuals are seated in the exits.

As far as Row 5, some of them have it, and some of them don't. I suppose that's how they were configured when the planes went into service.