FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CUN / Cancun International Airport master thread - what you need to know
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:27 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by flyerdoc
This week I got a welcome call from the Westin Lagunamar. The concierge specifically told me not to take the taxi due to the price. She booked a car for us for $35. Private and direct...sounds worth the price!
We always book car service through the Lagunamar, and never had an issue. They are waiting with a sign as you exit customs. Well worth avoiding the scrum. Now this is night and day vs. Cabo where it is sometime difficult to find the driver and they pull stunts like adding other passengers to your van (a la supershuttle). But never had this happen in CUN.

Originally Posted by chris1979
Is it possible to do a same plane turn around in CUN?

I would arrive with AA at 7.45am on a Wednesday from MIA a and depart on same plane at 8.45am to MIA again.

Is there airside transit / transfer and / or is that possible to do? I am travelling hand luggage only.

Thank you.
I would not risk a one hour turn. I have never seen airside transfer - this is not LHR, FRA or MUC. Even though CUN is 2nd largest airport in Mexico (by traffic) it is a destination - nobody connects here. You will have to clear customs, then reclear security. The latter is pretty quick, but the former may take some time.