FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New earning Booking classes on Czech Airlines
Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:58 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Concerto
Just bumping this to avoid creating a new thread, as it is about booking classes. CSA Czech Airlines offer excellent fares from DUS to PRG (€100 round trip). However, these book into lower (promo) fare classes such as S or W, which offer no miles, and consequently no status segments. I don't mind paying a few grotzkis extra, just to get those segments on this occasion. But how do you do it?

The CSA website offers a somewhat more expensive fare called Standard, which I presume would yield miles (because it offers OK Plus miles). But there is no way of knowing the fare class on the CSA site, I think. Expedia will show you the fare class for the cheapest fare, but there is no way to book the next fare class up. I imagine that calling expedia or CSA Czech Airlines is the only way to fix the issue.

Does anyone happen to know if the more expensive standard fares that one can choose on the CSA site offer the lowest mileage earning classes (presumably U or A), or are a couple of classes up from those? I just figure there might be a couple of booking classes between the Promo and Standard fares that are not shown!

Does anyone on this forum seriously use CSA Czech Airlines any more? I used them in the mid-2000s when they flew to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
I would just call OK and ask.

OK have decreased their network a lot so since they deserted London I stopped using a very frequent user of them (I used to fly them a lot) although now that they fly from NCE I am more likely to use them again.