FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:04 am
Indelaware

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I'm in Singapore now, coming in from Dubai & BOM & on my way to NY. Even though the PQD / 016 restriction does not start till next year, I decided to try to buy my SQ BOM-SIN-FRA-JFK ticket thru UA. (The DXB-BOM portion was purchased directly from EK). I Wanted to have the ticket issued in BOM anyway as SQ has special F (P) fares from India-USA that are over $4000 cheaper then if the same ticket is purchased anywhere else. I made 3 calls to UA & surprisingly, on the 3rd call (after being told no twice) the agent was willing to book it but in order to get the fare she directed me to UA's Mumbai ticket office for payment.

[...]Did the agent make a mistake booking this for me? Are the other two agents wrong in not booking it? I would think UA would not mind doing this since I assume they get paid the same commission as a travel agent but who knows????

Does anyone know UA's official position on this? It's going to be very important for me as we'll as I'm sure others either who are based outside the US ( even though right now foreign addresses are exempt). I used to use my Dubai address for MP but changed it to NY last year. I will change it back if I must but this would be much easier leaving it in the US if I can use UA to ticket my SQ flights
Check the fare rules. Some fares are restricted to place of sale and issue. IME, this is often the case with travel ex-India. I've often found considerable savings purchasing trips originating from India on www.expedia.co.in. Of course, to get 016 ticketing you might need to find a good (non web) travel agent in India - or purchase from UA India as directed by the phone res agent.