FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:21 am
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mre5765
Not exactly a newbie, but it has been decades since I had any status on AA, and am trying to get status.

I flew three long hauls on AA 001 ticket stock on flights operated by BA: LHR/BLR, BLR/LHR, and LHR/ORD. All three were in Club World (booked into, not upgraded, not award travel). The first was Dec 3 of this year. The second and third were over a week ago. My AA number was attached to the reservation, and the. BP shows the AA number.

None of the three BA segments have credited any miles to AA yet. I have requested credit online for the LHR/BLR segment, but now reexamining the aa.com page on earning miles I am not so sure I will get anything. It says flights marketed and operated by BA will get elite status miles. But these were marketed by AA and operated by BA.

Have I messed up? If so, is there any way in future to get AA elite status miles on this route, USA to LHR to BLR when BA operates the LHR/BLR segments? And what if BA operates the LHR/USA segments?
No you haven't messed up and you are entitled to earn miles and status from the flights

If your flight numbers were BA flight numbers then you will earn according to the BA earning table

If the flights numbers were AA flight numbers then you earn according to the AA earning table (You say this is your case). The key words on the aa web page for you are "Miles are also earned for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle or American Connection codeshare flights operated by other airlines."