FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:00 am
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Not exactly a newbie, but it has been decades since I had any status on AA, and am trying to get status.

I flew three long hauls on AA 001 ticket stock on flights operated by BA: LHR/BLR, BLR/LHR, and LHR/ORD. All three were in Club World (booked into, not upgraded, not award travel). The first was Dec 3 of this year. The second and third were over a week ago. My AA number was attached to the reservation, and the. BP shows the AA number.

None of the three BA segments have credited any miles to AA yet. I have requested credit online for the LHR/BLR segment, but now reexamining the aa.com page on earning miles I am not so sure I will get anything. It says flights marketed and operated by BA will get elite status miles. But these were marketed by AA and operated by BA.

Have I messed up? If so, is there any way in future to get AA elite status miles on this route, USA to LHR to BLR when BA operates the LHR/BLR segments? And what if BA operates the LHR/USA segments?

Last edited by mre5765; Dec 22, 2013 at 5:14 am