FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What exactly can/does the AC concierge do?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:10 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMachine999
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I'm flying SFO-YVR-YYZ-YOW on Saturday, and there's a travel advisory for both YYZ and YOW.

Do I need to do anything to alert the concierge(s) that I'll be coming through, or will they be proactively looking out for me?
YYZ concierge? Good luck. YOW won't (automatically) care since you have no flight departing from there.
My YYZ-YOW flight was canceled today. My bags never showed up in YYZ (the YVR concierge said they would). YYZ baggage services told me it would take hours to get them, as they were holding them for my morning flight (and this was around 2230, so I wasn't waiting).

Anyway, I visited the YYZ concierge office (I had called them while in line at baggage services, but his final advice was to talk to baggage services), just to see if there were any other options for Ottawa. They were so nice. They offered me an amenity kit (baggage services already had done that), and offered a hotel voucher (!!!) for a weather delay. I declined, but that was pretty awesome. I know I've only had one experience so far, but I have nothing but nice things to say about the YYZ concierges

I had also been automatically rebooked on a flight tomorrow, but I don't know if that was done by a concierge or someone/something else.

Now, as a consequence of not having bags, and checking the closet at my dad's, I have two options for tomorrow:
1. FlyerTalk t-shirt I've been wearing all day (i.e. dirty/smell)
2. A Star Trek tunic from a Halloween costume (I probably can't carry on the phaser though)

I'm seriously considering the second option