FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:02 pm
pinguy

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by bribro
I am planning an AOR for later today or tomorrow, since I want to take advantage of the 50k AS offer before it goes away.

Current Cards (store cards not included):

• J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k unreported CL - 4/2012)
  • Chase Freedom MC ($25k CL - 4/2012 - PCed from CSP Visa)
  • Chase Freedom Visa ($25k CL - 5/2012)
  • Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa ($25k CL - 6/2013 - PCed to CSP MC for EMV)
  • Chase Ink Bold (11/2012)
  • Chase Ink Plus ($25k CL - 7/2013)
  • Chase MPE ($25k CL - 2/2013)
  • AmEx Blue Sky ($25k CL – 7/2012)
  • AmEx SPG Personal ($25k CL - 8/2013)
  • AmEx SPG Business ($25k CL - 8/2013)
  • Citi Dividend MC ($50k CL - 1/2005)

FICO should be right around 780. No late payments or derogs. Hard Inquiries (trailing 12 months): EX: 5, EQ: 4, TU: 2. Last inquiry was from 8/23/2013 from AmEx for the 30k SPG offers.

Tentative Plan (in order):
  1. BofA : Alaska Airlines 50k (EX)
  2. Barclays: US Airways Premier World 35k (TU)
  3. Citi: AA Plat Personal 50k or Business 50k (EX)

Annual income is ~$500k. Any feedback on the order of applications? Or any other cards that I should consider, particularly from lenders that might only pull EQ or TU? My business is a sole proprietorship (consulting side-business with little documentation behind it). If I apply for the Citi AA Business card will they seek verification of the business or give me a hard time?

I am pretty OCD (as you can probably tell from my fairly uniform credit limits) and am only interested in sign-up bonuses that yield >$500 in value. Not looking to clutter things up just for a $100 bonus from Discover or anything like that.

Thanks for any feedback!
My wife is in a similar situation as you. Her income is mid six figures but it's from a closed S Corp where she is not actually an employee. She owns it and just writes checks to herself. She also owns stock in the seven figure range. However, this meant nothing to the Citi folks since she didn't have a pay check! We went round and round with three recon folks and a supervisor before they finally approved her for a card. They kept saying to me (I was calling on her behalf), "but she has no regular paycheck." I offered to fax in tax returns and bank and investment statements but they didn't want them.

Ah, hello? Clue phone. It's for you Citi.

Last edited by pinguy; Dec 19, 2013 at 7:07 pm