FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)
Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:43 pm
JackE

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by antonius66
You are both missing and making my point. First, I am not "proud" of my spend, I simply use it as a reference point to state that the prevailing idea that anyone who wants better promos, or takes full advantage of promos in years past to squeeze maximum value is a bottom feeder who generates no value to the company is wrong. There are tons of people who spend WAY more than me, but my point is that I think that is a decent amount that does not qualify as bottom feeding, yet I still care a great deal about promos and such. People seem to think that either you throw money at Hyatt without caring about promos or bonuses or you are basically trying to always steal a $700 room for nothing.

Second, Hyatt obviously does care about the bill if they care about the revenue getting booked. That is the whole point. If they did not care about how much you spend, they would never have gotten rid of promos like FFN that allowed low amounts of spend to get greater return. By restricting this promo to Cat 4 nights, they show they clearly care a great deal about how much a person spends, since they have made a great effort to not reward low level spend with high value rewards. If all they cared about was you booking a room, FFN would still be around, as it generates incremental amounts of revenue that they would otherwise not get and costs only rooms that would usually end up going empty anyway.
When FFN was around, did you think Hyatt was surprised that people would pay for a couple of $70 rooms and then use the award for a $700 room? How dumb do you think they are? They designed the program and no one is "stealing" a $700 room that Hyatt made available to them.