FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Vacation
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:01 pm
Shocker077

Programs: Hotels.com Gold
I've only been to ICN once before, when I landed there the first time. At the time I didn't get to see much of the airport but after a 12 hour flight who would want to do that anyways right? This time my GF and I showed up 3 hours early being an international flight and all, we wanted to make sure everything went smoothly. 3 hours was not enough. The airport is beautiful, the shops are amazing, and there was so much to do that we didn't have time to do it all. We got lucky and caught the reenactment of the "March of The Royal Family". I apologize for the quality of the pictures. After buying some last minute gifts we decided to try and find the "observation deck" which apparently has a great view of all the airplanes and the airport scenery but unfortunately we did not find it and time was running out. We stopped to grab one last Korean meal. A nice spicy beef soup served with all the banchan (side dishes) and rice. The only thing better would have been if this were served on the plane. After finishing we walked on over the gate to see the beauty that would be taking us on our first leg of the journey. Its always breathtaking to see a 747 up close. I was lucky enough to spot this right across the terminal, my first ever A380 sighting!Its amazing just how massive they are, and to think that they fly just blows my mind every time. Once boarded I was confronted from the harsh reality of what would be my coffin for the next 10+ hours. Now granted I am 6'3" and slightly heavier but the legroom was nonexistent and for the second time I have wanted to shoot myself for not purchasing the upgrade to economy comfort.