FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:52 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Interesting how the inquiries seem to be handled significantly better or worse by different CS folks at Cartera. Of my recent 8 inquiries, I got responses (from the same person) to 5 of them yesterday--all cut & pasted, anyway--apologizing and promising the miles have been sent to UA.

The other 3 I got back this morning, all 3 from a different person at Cartera. The first two claim that they will "check back again" in 8-12 days, citing that "merchants send us transactions in batches." (Mind you, one of these is ~7 weeks old already; can't believe the merchant just hasn't "batched" that one.) The third claims that "our T&C say that merchants will not investigate claims over 6 months old."

I replied to that one with a copy of the receipt, saying there's nothing for the merchant to research, and that the order still appears in the merchant's system by order # (I just confirmed that a few minutes ago).

We'll see what the response to that one is.