FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:14 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 1travelcat
Have others experienced this?
I did the 50K business card thing about a year ago and have no clue when I cancelled the card.
I'd like to sign up again to get another 50K, but I'll wait until I get more feedback from others.
I'm guessing you could just call Citi, and ask the CSR when the card was cancelled. No need to explain why, just you don't remember and you would like to know.

I don't have any experience with an AA Business card, but I do have plenty of experience with Citi Recon CSRs. Rule #1: Citi Recon CSRs are clueless. In fact they are so clueless they don't even know they are clueless. In situations where they should just say "I don't know why you were denied", they instead try to think up a reasonable explanation, and then tell that to you as though it was a written policy.

We will know there is an 18 month policy on AA Bus ccs when a number of people report the same thing. Right now it is only something one CSR said to one person.

What I do know, from simply reading this thread, is that Citi Bus apps are totally a YMMV situation. Some people have no problem getting many of them, some people can't even get a second one. No one knows why...

All we really know for sure is that the "reason for denial" by the Recon CSR is totally unreliable.

Last edited by Brugge; Dec 18, 2013 at 1:38 pm