FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:46 pm
augustus21

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by brettskyg
Spoke with executive offices today. Not offered any explanation. Was told this was not for perk abuse, but rather for unexpected spending. Reading between the lines it sounds like it was because I had several accounts, with very little spending on them. They will not return my annual fees even though I only have 4-6 months of use of the cards. They said they are entitled to keep them. They are not returning my points.
It sounds like you were out-spending your "spending profile." What was your spending compared to reported income?

Chase also looks at your spending over time. If you started out at $1,000 per month for several months, and then started spending $10,000 each month, alarms might go off. This is why some people advise big spending when you first open the card.

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
I have some swampland to sell you.
Just because more shutdowns aren't advertised doesn't mean they're not happening. It's getting ugly.
These are isolated incidents of people pushing the envelope and getting shutdown because of that behavior. In brettskyg's instance, it sounds like he pushed too hard. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Last edited by augustus21; Dec 17, 2013 at 3:00 pm