FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:14 pm
baliktad
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LaneW
I booked January flights on DL, where I have Gold Medallion status, using my DL account number. But I want to put the segments on my AS account to make sure I get to 75K again next year. Is there a way to change the reservation to show my Alaska Mileage Plan number and not lose preferred seating and my place in the upgrade list on the DL flights?
You can only accrue benefits from a single frequent flyer program for any given flight. You'll have to choose:

1) Keep your DL SM number as-is. You'll be entitled to keep your place in the upgrade queue plus all other benefits afforded DL GM's.
2) Switch to your AS MP number. You'll lose your place in the upgrade queue and will only be eligible for benefits given to AS elites. This is the only way the segments will get you closer to 75K on AS.

You may not be able to change your frequent flyer number online, but you will definitely be able to change it at checkin if you really do need to switch. Just be aware you can't mix and match benefits like upgrades compliments of your DL status plus credit the mileage to AS MP.