FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:57 am
dillspearpaddler

Pre-Check Mix-up???

For the first time since opting in I did not get TSA PRE on my boarding pass. The flight was booked with points and also included a CP itinerary. Interestingly, on the return flight my wife (CP) had TSA PRE on her boarding pass although she (as far as I know) did not receive a Pre Check invitation and is not opted in. I did not pay much attention to her boarding pass for the first flight and therefore do not know if she had it on that flight.

At first I figured that this was my random non TSA PRE experience - no big deal. When it happened on the return I began to wonder if it had something to do with a points booking (unlikely) or the fact that I also had a CP res (also unlikely). When I discovered that she had the TSA PRE that I was missing then I was really confused. The TSA agent joked that they prefer blondes anyway and if it were determined by looks then I would absolutely agree that she would beat me out hands down!

Has anyone else had this experience? I am a bit reluctant to pursue it as I suspect a good probability of it getting even more screwed up and not working for me the 95% of the time when I am flying without the CP Blonde.