FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX - new J lounge at The Bridge; HKG-YYZ
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:07 pm
Capricorn70

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Lounge quest

The real goal of this quest, tho, was this:

This was of course the Noodle Bar, a separate section of the lounge:

Where the magic was made:

And the happy result:

There were more food offerings in this section:

These had just been delivered from the kitchen, and helped make up my very yummy spot of late lunch:

The noodles were indeed flavourful and of a nice texture, and the broth was rich and peanutty - except the portion was on the dainty side, so a perfect excuse to try something else:

The wonton soup noodles and fried beef bun, which, tho not a knock out, tasted just fine.

I whiled away a little time to savour the noodles, and as I left I came to another section of the lounge:

The café-like section had a nice counter of its own:

With yet more tempting bits of food:

Somehow I was still not quite full – must have been all the snapping – so I went back to the main buffet area and settled on this little spread:

Some pan-fried fish, egg and shrimp fried rice, roasted veggies, mango and crab sandwich, and some fruit. All consumed with a nice view of the tarmac, and this special bird:

A lovely livery it certainly is, but I’m still partial to this aircraft:

And in the ‘Asia’s World City’ livery:

I saw this model at a little shop in Hong Kong and I just couldn’t let it pass.

Of all the business lounges I’d been to - AC, UA, AA, BA - this was by far the best, in its layout, ambience, food and drink offering, and service from attendants. A definite two thumbs up.

Next up: Lounge odyssey, part deux.

Last edited by Capricorn70; Dec 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm