FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX 747-400 or A330 Biz class
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:20 am
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by metoo
Yes, thank you for the photos. I love the new A330-300 but , gosh, not sure what will happen in the future.

So if the 747 will be retired, wouldn't CX substitute for another aircraft or just cancel the flight alltogether? And if it will be cancelled, would I be placed on the NRT route even if on an awards ticket from UA?

When I booked for my sister on ANA 10 months ago, it was not an old aircraft. She is leaving this coming week and ANA changed it to the new 787 for her.
Oh ya, the "Cirrus" J is good
They will 100 % substitute a different aircraft.
There is no way in hell a HND flight would be cancelled, the slots are hard to get enough as is and J tends to sell I think on that route.
The problem you fall is similar to the NRT flight is, what is it gonna be on.
There is no way to exactly to figure out on CX regionals, esp. 11 months out.
Trying searching for the HKG-SIN thread on the CX forum if you don't believe me.

If you must book now, I would say do HND, 1) I hate the haul out to NRT unless you were out in Chiba already, 9:15am NRT dep means waking up early if you are in Tokyo the night prior 2) Long Haul equipment probability is higher at HND.